Saturday, July 10, 2010

If you walked into a coffeeshop, would you like to see a corner with books for sale?

There is a restaraunt in my town that has a bookshelf full of used books. If you bring in a book, you can trade it for one of the books on the shelf. I always liked this idea for a coffee shop or small restaraunt; it seems friendly and personal to me. There is also a bakery in my town that has a bookshelf full of free books that have to do with a website callled bookcrossing.com : This website is like one giant book exchange, where you register a book on the website and then ';release'; it to be found by someone else.


For a coffee shop, I like ideas like this better than just selling brand new books. I think that selling new books can be left for the bookstores, but book trading and exchanging seems more quirky and coffee-shoppish to me.If you walked into a coffeeshop, would you like to see a corner with books for sale?
Honestly, it depends on the atmosphere of the coffee shop.





If its a cozy, sit %26amp; chill kind of place where you are actually encouraged to stay for as long as it takes to drink your coffee (and maybe longer)...then YES a book corner would be cool %26amp; I would buy a book.





If its an order and dash kind of shop where I mostly do take-out orders then I likely wouldn't even notice the corner, so the answer would be NO.If you walked into a coffeeshop, would you like to see a corner with books for sale?
I like the idea of lounging and reading books in a coffeeshop.





But I agree with those that say it would be better if it the books were free/donated or if they were local authors. Otherwise it could become too commercialized (just another money making scheme).
Yep. The more books around the better. I can't walk out of the library without checking the used book shelves and I certainly would be the same way in any other place.
Absolutely. There is a charming little coffee shop in Knoxville (my former haunt) called The Golden Roast. Next door was a used book store and they put up three or so shelves in the coffeeshop of random books. They were all one price (2 dollars) so that the barista did not have to figure out the book's value. It was kind of a clearance rack for the bookstore and a pleasant diversion for those studying at the coffeeshop (i read them frequently while grading and ended up buying several).
no
Yes I would want there to be a corner of books for sale. It would be great because i love reading and going to a coffeeshop.
used books sound gr8 bcos they're cheap and anyone can afford them.i'm a bookworm,and if i get into a coffee place to get something to go and found used books i'll certainly pay till yhe last penny.
I usually take my coffee to go. I would definitely check out the books while I waited.
In a coffeeshop, there should just be a pile of books and magazines that are used and free to read. But if you had a local writer wanting to sell his recent work or a regular at the shop, then keep it close to the counter and have them make an appearance/read excerpts/sign autographs to make it worth it.
No. I wouldn't buy any of them because I would think they might have gotten stuff on them from them the coffee shop.
Actually, I've walked into a bookstore (Borders, Barnes and Noble) that had coffee for sale in the corner, so that's kind of the same thing. Books and coffee go hand in hand.





I do agree with the other answer, about the books getting stuff spilled on them. That wouldn't be very pleasant.





What about used books for sale in a coffee shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment